1778 Vistazo West
Baths: 3 full, 1 half
Square Feet: 3,815
Request a showing
CAPTIVATING COASTAL CONTEMPORARY OVERLOOKING THE BAY
Welcome to Vistazo West, one of the most sought after locations in Old Town Tiburon. Near the end of a dead end street abutting Old St.Hillary’s open space this extraordinary residence offers the perfect blend of modern amenities with an ideal floorplan appealing to all lifestyles.
Sweeping Views of the San Francisco Bay, Golden Gate Bridge Towers, Belvedere Island, and Downtown Tiburon, one must see to appreciate this captivating setting.
Thoughtfully designed and extremely well built in the early 1990’s. Contemporary design elements bringing together a relaxed Coastal feel.
Nearby steps lead you down an easy path on a short walk to Downtown Tiburon and the commute ferry to San Francisco. For families with children, read more about schools in Tiburon in our special section.
The floorplan , with approximately 3800 square feet* will appeal to most lifestlyes. The main level includes a guest suite highlighting a beautiful view of the historical Old St. Hillary’s famous church -an adjacent marble bathroom to accommodate the guest room.
Step down through an open entry to the Chefs Kitchen and adjacent family room. The kitchen features an informal dining area, granite slab countertops, and stainless steel appliances. The center island includes a 5 burner gas cooktop, with ample counter space, under counter storage, and a prep sink. Wood cabinetry and a large walk in pantry . Stunning views of the bay from the kitchen windows making this an easy place to spend your time.
The family room has a wood burning fireplace, custom built in shelving, built in entertainment area, surround sound speakers and functional desk area. Also off of the family room, a powder bath for your convenience. Extensive use of hardwood flooring in all living areas, entry , and main level guest room. A spacious entryway takes you into the grand living and dining areas – completely open and airy, perfectly designed with 12' volume ceilings, high grade lighting-intricately designed to accommodate the gallery style walls. Seamless windows complete the living areas offering compelling panoramic views from the Bay across to Mt. Tamalpais. Sophisticated ‘shade screens’ with electronic controls. A stone surround, wood burning fireplace is centered in the living room allowing for easy furniture layout.
A stunning entertaining deck off of the main living area gives one easy access for outdoor dining.
A custom iron spiral staircase leads you down to the gorgeous flagstone patio, two deck areas, and sprawling lush lawn area.
The lower level features:
- Three bedrooms, two bathrooms, laundry room , and easy exterior access to the inviting outdoor areas.
- The tranquil master suite offers one the ultimate in privacy , ample light from picturesque windows overlooking the lush landscape. Newer carpeting, walk in closet with top of the line built in drawers and shelving, and a security safe.
- Limestone masterbath, tastefully updated featuring heated floors on adjustable timer/thermostat, private bath including a bidet. Sunken tub, separate stall shower, dual sinks, and vanity counter. Recessed cabinet with convenient laundry chute.
- Private 2nd bedroom with walk in closet. 3rd bedroom (or a nice alternative for an office/den) with view windows , newer carpeting and walk in closet.
- Spacious guest bath with marble slab countertops and stall shower.
- Laundry room with new wash sink, storage, and front loader high end washer and dryer.
- The lower level also includes an additional large walk in closet with built in shelving.
Beautifully designed wide hallway with hardwood floors guide you through French doors that open to the fabulous rear yard and entertaining areas. Custom decking and an ideal location for a hot tub – flat screen wired media wall, with bracket. Step down flagstone patio and lush lawn surrounded by mature landscape. Custom irrigation includes a ‘cistern’ storage tank which was installed to water the grounds without requiring Marin County water. A drainage system was constructed to channel natural hillside groundwater from the natural ‘springs’ and otherwise , via pipes into the cistern storage tank located in the lower corner of the back yard.
The many additional features include:
- 2 Car attached garage with ample storage accessing the family room kitchen area.
- Easy on street parking
- Artistically designed front door
- (2) Water Heaters (current owner only uses one)
- (2) Furnaces – Dual zoned for upstairs and downstairs. A fan system included which circulates air in the warmer temperatures
- Circulating pump, on a timer circulates hot water through pipes, reducing the waste of water necessary for hot water to arrive at distant points from the water heater
- ‘Phantom’ screens at the front door and dining room door
- Recessed speakers located in the family room and office/ 3rd bedroom
- Satellite Dish
- Security system
- Invisible fence in place (for dogs)
- (2) Fireplaces , both include gas starters
- All bedrooms offer walk in closets
- Fire sprinklers were upgraded in 2000
- Walk in storage easily accessible under East side of the house
- Nearby stairway with pathways to downtown Tiburon and the San Francisco commute ferry
- Vistazo West is a dead end street abutting open space
- Open space and mountain trails only a few hundred yards away, offer unsurpassed views of the whole North Bay, including Mt.Tamalpais, Golden Gate Bridge , San Francisco, East Bay, panoramic Belvedere Island and downtown Tiburon.
*square footage per tax record, not measured by agent